Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Kate's FIRST Birthday!!

Kate got a chocolate chip cookie and a glass of milk for her first birthday treat.

She only had a few sips of the milk and after a few bites of cookie, she started tossing it overboard. We have never given her sweets (a few tiny bites of pie has been the most she's had), so I guess she hasn't developed her sweet tooth yet. I hope she never does!


Kate got a cute shirt and jeans from Grandma Marge and Papa Nick, a baby doll from Great Grandma and Grandpa Farnsworth, and blocks, a book, and a movie from us. She was so excited about every present that it was hard to get her attention to open the next one. She didn't like having the clothes held up to her--but she liked them all the same. :)
I tried to think of something fun for her to do during the day, but couldn't think of anything--December is a hard time of year to have a birthday. We ended up just running some errands as a family--which is fun by itself. She especially loved being at the movie store--pulling out all the candy from the stands, and ripping DVDs off the shelves as she walked up and down the aisles. I guess we really do have a toddler on our hands now!
I can't believe how fast this last year went! So much happened! I love my family!

2 comments:

dalene said...

I can't believe she's already one! She's so sweet. Happy Birthday Kate!

Emily John said...

A cookie? Where's the messy cake? Very cute pictures!