Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Time for a Kate update

Sneaking some of Daddy's birthday cake in her "princess dress." It's supposed to go over another dress...


My mom reminded me that even though I am writing a lot for examiner.com, I can't neglect giving a Kate update once in a while on the blog. So here goes.

Kate is adorable. Nothing's changed there.

She has recently become obsessed with princesses and princess dresses. She didn't have any princess dresses, though, so she's been dressing up in her Sunday dresses every day...all day long. In and out, in and out. I finally got her a princess dress from Kid-to-Kid a couple weeks ago. The day after she got it she threw up ALL over it. Nice. Hand wash only.

I asked her to tell me when she needed to throw up again so that I could try to aim her to a big bowl. Well, she did tell me when, but after only hitting the bowl one time, she then began running crazily all over the house refusing to throw up again in the bowl, but all the while throwing up on the couch, carpet, walls, speakers, you get the idea. Poor thing. She's better now (after passing the flu to me and then me to Andrew).

When I was really sick one day and trying not to throw up, I told Kate I was feeling sick to my stomach. She looked worried, and ran to the bathroom. I heard her yell, "You need to blow your nose FIRST!" She was getting me a piece of toilet paper. She connects sickness with me telling her to blow her nose. :) She then brought me her princess cup with water in it and told me to drink water. She got tired of playing doctor after that and told me to "GET UP!!"

Yesterday, she asked to wear panties and go pee pee in the potty. Excited, I took her up on it. She went a couple times, and had a couple accidents. What she mostly wanted was to wear her cute little panties (no other clothes), and then change her panties like she changes dresses. I was talking to Andrew in the office, when out of the corner of my eye I see a very naked girl running down the hall. I still don't know where the blue panties went...

I hear "I'm a princess, Mommy! I'm a princess!!" about 2000 times a day. And when I am wearing a dress for church, I hear "You're a princess, Mommy!! You're a princess!!" I'm a little worried her vocabulary growth has been stunted...with all the princess stuff.

She can play kid games really well on the computer. She's mastered the mouse already. We recently got her a Sesame Street game and there's a part where they sing about people in the neighborhood. People like a barber, baker, doctor, and for some reason an astronaut...haven't figured that one out yet. She loves "cutting" our hair. She'll drape a blanket around me, shove my head in different directions, then she gives me a sucker at the end. It's cute.

She LOVES dogs, especially Grandma Ellen's dogs, and still talks about them every few days.

She loves her cousins (my sis's kids), and we try to spend time with them at least once a week.

She LOVES to sing Primary songs and knows almost all the words (it gets a little iffy in some spots) to "I love to see the temple" and "I am a child of God." The temple song is by far her favorite, though, and we sing it over and over and over. I got an audio recording of it. I'll have to see if I can figure out a way to post it. She gets so excited every time we pass the Provo Temple. When I told her Daddy and Mommy were married there, she replied, "Kate's married there, too."

She's generally an obedient, happy, affectionate little girl that we love very much.

3 comments:

Ellen said...

Super cute!

Anonymous said...

Your description of the sick days sounds pretty much like the worst thing EVER! Glad those days are over, and I hope they don't come again anytime soon.

mistyp said...

She is soooooo cute! Love that picture of her. She says and does the cutest things!