Sunday, July 27, 2014

Luke at 3 months!

Luke is three months old already! Yikes! Lots of pictures in this one -- I've been behind on posting updates on Luke.

Luke is an adorable and happy baby. He is now sleeping anywhere from 4-7 hours a night in his bassinet. Then when he wakes up to eat, I usually (hmm, always...) fall asleep with him on me while I'm burping him. At that point he sleeps with me the rest of the night. That means I don't get great sleep from that point on, but I'm happy he's sleeping for long stretches in his bassinet now, as he wasn't for the first two months.

Putting a baby to bed awake but drowsy has never worked for me. I can't really believe it works for anyone. If he's not totally out, he'll wake up as soon as he's put down.
Luke at one week old. Meeting the Ericksen cousins for the first time!
Luke at one month
 Christian with Luke at one month
Daddy and Luke at 7 weeks
 Almost two months

Two months at the dr's office

He is completely formula fed now. I stopped trying to breast feed at one month because he was having such a hard time gaining weight. I've had a hard time breast feeding all my kids, so I wasn't shocked. But I wanted to try for as long as I could. I breastfed exclusively for the first two weeks, even though he still seemed hungry after feeding for a long time. I wanted to make it work, but ultimately I want Luke to be happy, healthy, and growing!

He loves the pacifier, unlike my other two. When he's ready for sleep and is a little fussy, plop that baby in his mouth, and his eyes roll back in his head. It's great.

He started out hating bath time, like most babies, but he now loves it. Smiles like crazy until you take him out, then he screams bloody murder. But even that is getting better now.

Just like Christian as a baby, he LOVES when you change his clothes. He loves getting his arms pulled out of his sleeves. I don't claim to know why -- they were both that way. I love it.

Also like Christian, he has eczema. Poor guy. He also had cradle cap something fierce. It is finally clearing up with some meds the doctor prescribed.

Kate and Christian are still obsessed with him. Christian has to be touching him ALL the time! Hugging, kissing, squishing. It's overwhelming. Luke's gonna have to be tough!
On the Heber Creeper, one month old

Kids with Luke, 3 weeks
Kate loves to read to him (2 months). He seems to enjoy it, too. 

I love his smile -- his whole face squishes up and his eyes crinkle. I don't think he has dimples like the other kids, but he has the chin cleft. Still can't tell what color his eyes are going to be, which maybe means hazel or brown? Still doesn't have much hair.

He wakes up happy. When he first sees me in the morning he gives me a big, gummy grin. Great way to start my day! He is also to the point of loving mirrors.
Luke on his blessing day, about 2 1/2 months old

 Luke with Uncle Paul on Pioneer Day, almost three months
Luke loves to blow bubbles

He has big (long) hands and feet. We think he looks really long, but at his two month check up only measured average. He was 10 lbs 14 oz and 23 1/2 inches tall. And, of course, has a ginormous head (90th+ percentile).

He's pretty much a chill baby. He's smiley and playful when he's awake and loves to coo and goo. Fussy if he's tired, hungry, or has a burp to get out.

I have a different attitude about babies this go around. I am trying to appreciate this stage more. There's a lot to appreciate about babies! I love that they sort of have to cuddle you. I like to think that he wants to anyway, though. :) We love this little guy!



No comments: