Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Christian's alive and well -- and kicking...


Today I had my ultrasound to check out Christian's brain. During the last ultrasound they found cysts on his brain, which can be an indication of some really bad things, but it can also resolve itself by 28 weeks (I'm 29 weeks). I guess 99% of the time it resolves itself, and lucky for us and Christian that is exactly what happened! Phew!

Last time during the ultrasound the tech couldn't get a good profile shot, so she tried REALLY hard this time. She found out about the cysts in about five seconds, then spent a long time really trying to get that profile shot. Sadly, Christian was once again not cooperating. She got one -- kind of. Then she tried looking 3D, which I've never had done before. The bottom picture is pretty cool, I think. He's got his leg straight up in the air, and his hand is holding onto his foot. But his face is still hiding. Oh well -- Kate didn't look a thing like her profile shot anyway.

Somehow they can tell that Christian is 3 lb. 4 oz. I have no idea how they can really tell that, but whatever. The whole ultrasound is kind of a mystery to me anyway. I'm measuring big, as I did with Kate. Every time I get an ultrasound, my due date looks different. First June 28th, then July 5th, now June 23rd. The doctor said they don't change it unless it's two weeks different, so we're still using the June 28th date.

The ultrasound tech couldn't believe how high Christian was. She kept saying, "I'm all the way up in your ribs!" Yeah, tell me about it. My ribs feel broken half the time. I wake up every couple of hours feeling like my ribs are on fire.

I found out that I don't have gestational diabetes (yay!), but I do have low iron and low blood pressure. That makes sense because I've been so freaking tired and light-headed all the time. The doctor was concerned that I've been having a lot of contractions and told me not to exercise. I've only exercised one time during this pregnancy, so it's not a tall order. I'm not really sure why he was concerned about it, though. I had them all the time with Kate, and I've been having them for weeks with Christian. I think it's pretty normal? But whatever. I'll happily comply with no exercising (cleaning always gives me contractions...but Andrew says that doesn't count--dang).

Anyway, this is my second post in a week! I better not get too carried away.

1 comment:

stephasauri said...

What a relief! That 3D ultrasound is pretty cool! It took me a minute to figure it out, but once I did, it was really neat. I'm so excited for you!