Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Potty Training Phase 1: Complete!


Well, it hasn't even been a whole day yet of potty training, but an entire morning has almost passed at least--and I'm very excited. Kate loves to read on the potty! I woke her up this morning, whipped off her PJs and stuck her on the potty hoping to catch some morning pee. She was still half-asleep and wondering what the heck was going on, but it worked. I'm not sure she quite understands yet, though I try to cheer each and every time I hear a tinkle. I'm following advice from my sister-in-law--I put Kate on the potty for 15 min on 15 minutes off (you're supposed to do this for 2-3 days). It hasn't worked exactly like that, but pretty close. She's just had a few accidents and it was on the tile--so hardly any clean up.

Anyway, I'm sorry if no one is interested in potty training. I'm sure I wouldn't have been either. But for those that are--thought I'd give some details.

The biggest success of the morning was just a few minutes ago when I stuck her on the potty, and she went #2!! I can't tell you how excited I was that I didn't have to clean it up from the couch or anything horrible like that. Plus, it was easier to show her what she had accomplished exactly. I hope it's sinking in!!

For those wondering why in the world we're trying to potty train her when she's not even two, it's mostly to save some money on diaper costs. I hope this works! And yes, you can count on more potty training updates. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's nothing quite as satisfying as see a little #2 in the potty! Ha!

Awesome! Keep the updates coming! I need to learn all I can!

Erica said...

Woo Hoo for potty training! I can finally say that my boys are potty trained. It took many frustrating months but we're finally here. Keep up the good work. She will get it.

Anonymous said...

this really cracked me up, jenn. but i have to admit that i enjoy reading everything you write...even if it's about #2. :)