Monday, February 23, 2009

On a Vacay

Sorry for the lack of postings (once again)...but I am on vacation with Kate in OMAHA!! It was sort of a last minute decision, but it is so great visiting my family. You'd think I'd have more time to post since I have super eager baby-sitters here, but I've just been enjoying my time away from the computer for a little while.

Our plane ride out here (mostly the layover) has been officially ranked in my top 10 worst experiences of all time (stay tuned for that little gem--I'm sure you're all dying to know).

Before I left, Andrew's photo "Ashen Flame" won first place in the landscape category at the BYU Bean Museum Photography Exhibition and Contest. Yay!! He also got an honorable mention for "Sandstone Sanctuary." We were thrilled to get the news. The competition is for professional and amateur photographers alike, and he had some stiff competition. We were also thrilled to find out that winners actually get money! Not sure how much or anything, but that was an added bonus that we had no idea about when he entered.

My wonderful sister treated me to an eyebrow waxing before I left, since I had recently pulverized any semblance of normal-shaped eyebrows. Do you ever go to town with the tweezers, thinking there is still room for error--only to step back and see the ghastly mess? Ugh. It will take some time for them to grow back, but at least I have an idea now (since the waxing) of where their shape should be.

I also got my hair cut! Finally! I think it has actually been a year since I've had it cut. I wanted to wait until I had hit my goal weight and then have a little makeover, but it's been taking me a lot longer than I expected to hit that goal weight...so I wanted to cut it before it hit my butt. I got four inches cut off and got some long bangs--I really like it. It's still really long! I can't believe how long and ratty it had gotten.

I'll post pics later. I wish I had gotten a before and after, but I forgot.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd been wondering why no blog love! But I can't wait for the eventual updates. In the meantime, enjoy your break :)

Megan and John said...

enjoy the "vacay", as you say. i can't wait to see pics of the new makeover. (i will be paying very close attention to your eyebrows now...) :) i'm also looking forward to your airplane adventures. i've had a few of my own, so i understand! we'll be anxiously waiting...

stephasauri said...

Welcome back! We've missed you! Big congrats to Andrew! That is really, really awesome!!

I think I have wimpy eyebrow skin or something, because I cannot pluck my eyebrows for the life of me. I had a mission companion try to do it for me (she even used an ice cube to numb them), and I still cried. So, "no," I have never accidentally just gone to town with the tweezers! I've never even waxed. Long live the bushy blonde eyebrows!

Mary said...

How fun to be in Nebraska -- I mean, with your family! Congratulations to Andrew!!!

mistyp said...

Lucky you. Sounds like you had a great time!