Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cut off!

Yesterday was one of the longest days of my life. Andrew had the car at work and our INTERNET went down. 'Gasp!' You have to understand that when the internet goes down so does our phone because we have internet phone. And now, at this new place, apparently the television feels the need to jump on the bandwagon. And the router is not in our apartment.

It was a long day of hearing Kate (who is very sick and sad) say, "I want to do something else." Yeah, me too!

Well, part way through the day I realized that our toilets (BOTH toilets) were clogged and would not unclog, try as I might. They would just slowly drain. Then I looked in the tub and it had a slight discoloration to it--like light tan. Agh! Sewage!!

Anyway, I endured all day and all night long--cause Andrew was gone until LATE with his boss at work (who is also our landlord). I literally had NOTHING else to do but clean, but I just didn't have it in me. So I watched a movie with Kate and tried to relax.

When Andrew got home he told me that the Christmas lights on the house had tripped a breaker that was the reason for all our troubles. It messed with the internet and with the water pump. A plumber is on his way now to replace the pump. Until then, we are not supposed to use the toilets or any running water. No dishes, no wash, no shower! As a pregnant lady, I go potty about a million times a day, so this was not welcome news.

Anyway, it's almost over--the plumber has just arrived! And I already feel better with the internet working.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh jenn, poor, poor jenn! that is a seriously bad day. i don't know what i would even do if i was told not to use the toilet! i'm glad things are looking up, but sorry to hear that kate is sick again...she's definitely had her share!

Emily John said...

oh no, no potty? ACK!!

Crystal said...

Now thats a series of unforunate events!