Friday, January 15, 2010

For anyone still checking my blog...

I don't know if there's anyone there or not, but my cousin has reminded me (once again) that I should post something. This has been one of the craziest months of my life, but things are finally calming down, so I will take a second to write.

Of course, there was Christmas and all that goes along with that. That was fun, by the way. I'll try to find pics later. One step at a time. :)

But mostly this past month has been spent packing, moving, cleaning, stressing, laying (I am pregnant, after all--did I ever mention that on here? Well, I think everyone knows already anyway), interviewing a new client during the week of our move, finishing the editing on my mom's book, ordering my mom's book, organizing, throwing away, and lots more laying and eating. Maintaining Kate's survival is mixed in there someplace, too.

So please excuse the lack of blogging. OH! And Andrew fixed my computer, so you are likely to see more of me on here.

We LOVE our new place and are just trying to get settled. Andrew is working a crazy lot of hours, so it's basically up to me...and well, I'm tired.

I finally have a doctor's appointment now that things are settled down, insurance is finalized, and I chose a new doctor. SO--we'll see, finally, just how far along I am !! I am thinking I should be about 16 weeks on Monday. Crazy. Things are so different the second time around. I don't want to say I'm not as concerned...but I don't obsess at all like I did with the first one. I was constantly reading pregnancy books and analyzing every twitch and gas bubble. :) Either I'm more relaxed about this one or I just haven't had a whole lot of time to think about it. It sure makes it go a lot faster!

Anyway, I am actually making dinner tonight--yay! My sister came over and completely organized my kitchen and helped me throw away bags and bags of stuff I haven't used in years. It was great! If I could just do that with the rest of the house now. Sometimes it just takes someone saying, "Are you REALLY going to use this?" or "How many whisks and wooden spoons do you really need?" to realize you could part with a whole lot of stuff.

Once I find my camera I'll post some new pics of our new place. Until then!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your sister sounds like a wonder...does she make other house calls? :)

i'm glad you'll be back to blogging more. it will give me more to kill the time with!

Mary said...

Hey! Good to see you. I was just thinking about you yesterday and hoping that everything is going well. I love when other people help me organize my house. Janis is the best at that! But she lives way too far away. I tried to be good about doing it myself before we left because someone is staying at our house. It felt good, but there is more to do when we return. Love you and good luck!