Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Manna from Heaven

A miracle happened tonight -- I didn't have to make dinner! Last night I started feeling sick -- sneezy, achy, sore throat. Added to the pregnancy equation = me feeling like I'd been run over by a truck. My wonderful friend, Larson (hope she doesn't mind me saying), must have been inspired because last week she offered to bring me dinner tonight (just because I'm in the last month of pregnancy--so nice). Then, it just so happened that I got sick, too.

Food has never tasted so good -- not in my entire pregnancy. Not even food I've ordered at restaurants. Kate called the food "chocolate soup" because she didn't quite understand me when I said "taco soup." But her description of it was more accurate. Delicious! It felt like I hadn't eaten in weeks! The way I gobbled it down would have been embarrassing if anyone besides Kate had witnessed it. Generally I feel like I'm force-feeding myself breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

So a BIG thank you to Larson, who has a three month old at home to take care of herself.

Here's to good friends and to everyone out there looking for ways to serve and make burdens lighter. It's inspiring!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it tasted so good to you! Before I offered to bring you dinner, I told Neal, "I sure hope taco soup sounds good, because it's pretty much the only thing I know how to make." Success on all sides. Feel better!!

Melyssa said...

Yes, indeed! Inspired friends can truly be life savers! :)