Wednesday, June 23, 2010

One last post before the baby comes...

Well, early tomorrow morning I am going in to the hospital to be induced. We are very excited to have Baby Christian join our family.

But before he does, and before I disappear into baby life for months on end, I thought I would post a few pictures of Kate at Itty Bitty Ball. Itty Bitty Ball is a four week (once a week) program for three and four year olds. Each week they are taught basic skills of a sport -- basketball, soccer, football, and baseball. The first two weeks I was nine months pregnant and on my own. I didn't realize that the program really requires the parent to be right there in the action. It was exhausting for me, and afterward I always felt like I'd just run a marathon -- sore for days. Luckily this past week my parents came to town and were able to help. And I was able to get some pictures of her playing football. Here I am super huge -- just imagine me "running" around the gym, kicking and picking up balls -- I guess I can understand why people were staring.

Papa Nick doing the stretches with Kate. That was one of the most awkward things for me, to get down on the ground gracefully and then try to get back up. Ugh.
Punting -- she's a natural. :)
This picture is poor quality, but look how cute she is -- the ball tucked under her arm and running her fastest. Man, is she skinny or WHAT?

Well, maybe I will have someone do a guest post for me and post some pictures of Christian in the next couple days. Wish me luck!!

3 comments:

sabrina said...

Good luck! I'm so excited for you! Please post pictures somewhere. :)

Amber said...

Good luck tomorrow Jenn! I always love being induced (no joke!). I'll be excited to see pics!

Anonymous said...

that picture of kate is just too adorable! i can hardly stand it! and you're having a baby right now...very exciting!!