Sunday, September 2, 2012

"Final Reveal" pics

Since I won Biggest Loser AND hit my goal on the same day, I decided to do my "final reveal" pics yesterday. I must watch too many weight loss shows. 

I went and got a haircut -- FINALLY. I hadn't had it cut since before I started losing weight, knowing I would want to have a mini makeover at the end as a reward. I got some jeans that actually fit -- I've gone from a size 14 to a size 7/8 -- and some other clothes, too. I was going for this hairstyle (below), but it didn't quite turn out like that. I still like what I got, though. I know I will never be able to recreate what the stylist did, but oh well. :)

Andrew took a bunch of pics -- here are a few. Might have a few more later.



 I wanted a picture of me doing push-ups to remind me of my Transforming post -- about doing the hard things that part of me will always want to skip.

It might seem strange to some that I wanted pictures of myself as a reward for losing weight, but it's because I have never had any pictures of myself that I liked. I have worked on people's personal histories, and I always get a great picture of them from their past for the cover. It's always concerned me that if I was to publish my own history, I would not have anything I would want for the cover. I realize I'm thinking 40 years in advance, but I just wanted a high quality, decent pic of myself that I could have (before I get too old...) -- in case I ever finish writing my history. :)

Thanks all for supporting me and caring about my journey to health.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for your weigh-in post!! You are one hot mama! And even with my impaired ability to tell when people lose weight, I could see the difference in the before/after pics. I'm so inspired by what you have done and are doing. I totally teared up reading this post; personal transformation is very poignant to me. But please, still post on the blog!!! :)

Jenn said...

Thanks, Lindsay! I will definitely try to keep posting. Thanks for that email the other day about jobs, too. I need to email you about our debt reduction plan -- so exciting! ;)

Emily John said...

Wow!! Jen you look amazing!! Good job. Weight loss takes a lot of hard work and dedication. Hopefully this will motivate me after this baby comes!

Jenn said...

Thanks, Em! I know you can do it -- you were the one who inspired me originally. So excited for you and your new baby!

jennybhill said...

You look great! Seems like a great choice for a reward.

Zack, Shannon and Oliver said...

What the???? You look AMAZING!!! Way to go Jenn! I bet it feels so good. You worked really hard! I'm happy for you!

Sabrina said...

Skinny Minnie!!

Unknown said...

Jenn,

You look beautiful! I thought the close up picture of you looked so much like Kate! You really have transformed--inside and out. Love you!!

Angie said...

Umm...meant to put my name. :)