Thursday, June 11, 2009

I guess my bangs are official.

I got my last haircut in February...and before that it had been a long time. When I got my hair cut in February the lady cut off four inches and it was still REALLY long. I was the one who told her to cut four inches, but I don't think I'm great at gauging hair length. Anyway, I went in today and showed the girl about where to cut--thinking about three inches or so. When she started cutting, I asked if she was cutting off about three. She stopped, looked at my hair on the ground, and said, "No." She held up a lock to show me. "More like five." Oh. Okay. She had told me she was going to trim up my bangs. My "bangs" had previously been very long bangs, to my chin. They're now to my nose.

When I saw my bangs hanging there--in my eyes--I panicked. But I don't know how to style hair! I wanted to say. Didn't I give her the spiel I usually give hairdressers about keeping it simple (and I mean simple)? No, I guess I hadn't mentioned my hair phobia, or ineptitude. Crud.

I was like, "Uh, so how do I keep these out of my eyes?"
Her reply: "Blow dry and hair spray." Oh. Crud.
Me: "I guess I'll need to buy some hair spray."

No, I don't own hair spray. I do now. We'll see if I can figure it out. I do have a hair dryer, we'll see if I can find it. I've been using the space heater to dry my hair since Kate was a baby because the hair dryer freaked her out, and I actually prefer the heater now.

Anyway, I actually really like it. I think this length of hair is the best for me. I had been growing my hair out so that when I finally lost my desired weight I could get a cute new hair cut, and the length was to give me options. But, the weight stayed, and the hair grew, and then grew a lot more.

It's fun to have a hair cut I like. I will try hard to make it a working relationship.

PS The shadow in the picture makes my hair appear much larger than it is.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like it too...can't wait to see it in person. and i have sometimes received haircuts that seemed like they would be higher maintenance than i wanted, but the most amazing thing happens...when you stop bothering with it, it just sits there. it doesn't look good, but you stop caring :) i'm sure your venture will be more successful!

Crystal said...

It looks really cute! my hair is getting wildly out of control also. I think im gonna go get one now that i see how good yours looks. Sometimes its scary to get a haircut though.

Jenn said...

Thanks, guys. Yeah, my first attempt to do it today doesn't look nearly as good as it did when the hairdresser did it (of course.) Oh well.

Mary said...

It looks really great!

Ellen said...

There's nothing like a good haircut.

mistyp said...

You look great!