Monday, June 8, 2009

Surely mine eyes deceive me

I honestly got misty-eyed just now looking upon our brand-new, glorious, white GE stove. When Wymount announced they would be installing new stoves, I assumed they meant a different kind of crappy, old, clunker of a stove. I really wish now that I had taken a picture of the stove we've been using here. The handle on the door was broken and would fall off in my hands EVERY time I opened the stove (because I always somehow forgot to open it from the side, knowing that it was broken...). And smoke liked to billow out of it and set off the fire alarm as I cooked. It was horrible!
(you must play "Dream Weaver" in your head as you behold its magnificence)

But this...this beautiful new, delicious-looking stove...I may just be emotional now or something, or maybe it's because it reminds me of the stove we left behind in our house, but I really think I'm in love.

And I have that feeling.

Better days lie ahead.

3 comments:

Emily Larkin said...

I am so so happy for you! You tell Wymount to get you a dishwasher cause our federal appraiser declared our house unliveable without one.

Mary said...

That is lovely new equipment. Did you have a gas stove before? I could never live without one now.

Eva said...

I love your dreamy picture! How funny. =)