Friday, May 28, 2010

One month from today!!


Christian's due date is June 28th -- one month from today. It is hard to believe, but at the same time it's even harder to believe I still have four more weeks to go (if I'm lucky)!! I am HUGE. Walking, breathing, sleeping...pretty much everything right now is a chore. I know Kate is wondering what happened to her mom -- you know, the one who actually wanted to stand up every once in a while. Poor girl. I worry about her when so much will be going on next month, but then again, it might be a welcome change of pace for her. And, of course, she'll love having visitors.

It is hard to imagine our family any different than it is now, but I know Christian will fit right in. Kate loves to give my "B-I-G tummy" hugs and say hello to her little brother. She also loves to jump around and often lands hard on my big tummy (it's kind of in the way a lot). He's a tough little guy, that much is already clear. I remember my stomach moving around a lot when Kate was in there, but Christian's got moves that HURT. He's bouncing around like crazy most of the time. I'm kind of worried sleeping isn't his thing...

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and have made only minimal progress -- 25% effaced, and dilated to a 1.

I like the sound of the dishwasher. It makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something when I'm just sitting here. :) If only everything in life were automatic and made comforting swishing noises...

2 comments:

Melyssa said...

I feel SOOOO lucky to be moving close by! I am super excited to watch Kate and Christian while you and Andrew go on dates! We watched a baby boy yesterday and the girls kept saying, "It's my turn to hold him! I want to give him a bottle! etc." I'm sure they will LOVE helping out with baby C!

Mary said...

Oh, I feel for you dear! I didn't know your due date before. Maybe you can have him on my birthday, the 25th, because it is the best birthday ever -- Christmas is the half birthday so presents and celebrations are symmetrically divided between the year -- perfection! Then you would have to name him Mary, though. And yes, a shout out for dishwashers -- hooray!