Sunday, May 16, 2010

Temporary Euphoria

It was late when we got back from Utah Lake last night, and Kate wasn't in bed until 11:30 pm. She came out of her room around midnight, which she NEVER does. She never gets out of her bed -- ever. It's like she thinks it's physically impossible once she's in it. I love it, of course. Anyway, she came out (which was shocking enough), and then said she had to go poo poo. Whenever she says she needs to go poo, that means she's already gone poo. I grumbled something and took her to the bathroom, getting things ready to change the poopy pull-up. But, to my surprise, the diaper was clean. I stuck her on the potty telling her to try to go, then I left the room.

I was in the kitchen when I heard the "plop," followed by another "plop." I ran to the bathroom and looked in the potty. Sure enough, Kate had done it!! She seemed a little shocked herself. We all hurried to the kitchen to get Ariel down from the fridge. It was quite the celebration. She slept with the doll last night. I couldn't sleep, even though I had been so tired, because I was so excited about the possibilities of my new life.

I hate to end this post on a sour note, since I was REALLY happy last night when it happened. But today, she went poo again -- not in the potty. Might need some kind of reward for a while...or something. I was so sure I would be diaper free for at least a month!

2 comments:

Melyssa said...

Rats! I remember all too well when Maddie had the same problem. Maybe Ariel has to live on the fridge until Kate has another success?

Anonymous said...

I'm a little late in responding to this, and I don't know what's happened since the next morning, but can I just say that picture is completely adorable!