Friday, July 2, 2010

Week one = Dazed and confused


First "big" outing to the park...
...which he slept through (thus making it a successful outing)
Playing catch with Grandma Marge

With cousin Kimber

Lounging
With Aunt Angie
Getting loved a little too much by the cousins :)
Mastering the trampoline (one of her dad's favorite pastimes)

Well, little buddy Christian turned one week old yesterday. As you can imagine, it's been (for the most part) sleepless. After I feed him, and if he's still being fussy, then I wake up my mom in the middle of the night to burp and love him -- which has completely saved me. My parents have showered attention and affection on Kate, saving her from what would have otherwise been a super traumatic week. NOT looking forward to my parents leaving next week!!

The last couple of nights Andrew has stayed up til 2 - 3 in the morning watching Christian so that I could sleep all the way from 10:30 p - 2 or 3. Luckily we got a breast pump a couple days ago that allows Andrew and others to feed him -- hallelujah! I feel like my sanity returned the minute I started pumping. I don't think Andrew can keep up that kind of schedule, since he still has to work...but I am SO grateful for what he's already done.

We even had a couple outings this week. One was to the park just down the street, which Christian slept through. The second was to Murray to see my brother, Mark, and his family -- who just moved here from Alabama!! The rest of the family was helping them move, but I went up just to sit and hang out for a little bit. Christian was unusually quiet, and I think people had a hard time believing he cries (which he definitely does). I am so excited to have my brother and his family out here -- it will be so fun to see them a lot more.

Anyway, I need to get showered one of these days, so I am off. Above are some pics from the past week. You may notice no pictures of me -- that's because I still look five months pregnant (or more?). Can't wait til I can start exercising again!

2 comments:

Erica said...

He's a cutie and well loved. Best of luck with the sleeping. Someday I'll have another baby but memories of being sleep deprived have definitely made me think twice about it.

Anonymous said...

You survived week 1! Huzzah!!