Monday, October 25, 2010

FOUR Months! (and a ton of pics)



Let's not kid ourselves -- I see a lot of this lately (above pic) and not enough of that (below pic).






It turns out I haven't been the best about taking pictures of Christian on a consistent basis. I'll realize I haven't taken pics in a while, then have a little photo shoot. But hey, he's still gonna have a million pics of himself.

He had his four month check up today, and I was right. He's pretty huge. Almost 16 pounds and 26 inches long. He's in the 75 percentile for weight (thought he was bigger), 90th for height, and
get this-- ABOVE the 100th percentile for HEAD. Ha ha ha. We grow those noggins big over here. With a head that size I think it will be a Herculean feat if he's able to sit up and balance before he's fifteen. Reminds me of that Seinfeld when Elaine dates that guy who tells her she has a big head. Then she's walking through the park and a bird flies into her head. An old man on a park bench says, "That bird flew right into your head. It's like he couldn't avoid it." Hehehe.

I just fed him his first "solid" -- oatmeal. He seemed to enjoy it. It was more like I fed him his hands with oatmeal all over them.

Last month I said he was a mellow baby. This month I take that back. He's been extremely fussy and irritable. I thought maybe he had teeth coming in, but I don't see anything yet. The doctor said his top gums did feel firm, so they are probably forming up there and bugging him.

He can turn over both ways, but the times he turns from his tummy to his back seem to be an accident. He also went through a phase where he was ONLY happy in transition -- meaning in the process of turning over. Not satisfied with either side. Very frustrating for both of us.

He is still not sleeping in his crib...working on that.

He giggles for two things these days. First, when you bounce him -- sometimes you can get a good giggle that way. What he loves most, though, is when you take his shirt off. It's not that he likes being naked necessarily, but he loves the act of pulling his arms out of sleeves. Don't ask me why -- but it's a surefire way to get a laugh (if he's in an okay mood to begin with, of course).

Loves his big sister, which is good because she LOVES him, too. He always has a big smile for her when he first sees her in the morning. She speaks for Christian all the time. I'm so used to it now, it's kind of like I actually believe he's answering me. No matter where she is in the house, if I ask Christian a question, I'll hear a little high-pitched response (Kate's "Christian" voice), "No, I don't want to" or whatever the response is. Her replies often make me laugh really hard, but perhaps I'll save that for her next update. :)

He makes weird noises. It's like a weird groaning/grunting that Kate calls a growl. It's loud and can go on for quite a while. Got some more stares at church yesterday.

Sorry--this write up feels more disjointed than usual. I'm typing one-handed with a fussy four month old on lap. :) Albeit a very cute, fussy four month old.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that your mellow guy has turned fussy. You just can't depend on anything with babies (as we are learning at 4am when our once solid sleeper is screaming at us).

Also that was a pretty awesome update for one hand. Have you ever thought of competing with that skill? When I have one had, I can barely get 2 sentences out and every third word looks like this: kjiljkssd

Crystal R said...

i love that picture of him and Kate where it looks like shes skwushing his head! that is the cutest thing ever!they look so much alike dont you think? hes such a chunk! thanks for the pics i love to see how big he is getting!:)

Sabrina said...

I love him!