Friday, October 8, 2010

Starting anew


We have had lots of changes around here -- mostly a new place to live, and this morning Andrew headed off to his first day at a new job! We are finally getting a little bit settled in our new home, and I hope it doesn't take long for Andrew to feel comfortable in a new work environment, too. I don't generally use the blog to brag about Andrew (and when I do it's usually about his photography), but I have to say something -- because I think it is amazing -- especially given the "economic climate" we are in and the vast amount of resumes companies receive.

He asked me to keep my eye out for jobs that he could apply to. So I sent his resume out to five local companies, and he got interviews with every company except one. Then, out of the four interviews he had, he was offered jobs at THREE of the places -- all in one day (he was able to get better offers as a result). (The one job that didn't offer him a position wasn't really in his field of expertise, but I wasn't sure and sent his resume/cover letter out anyway.) He has got mad skills, and I am so proud of him. We feel very fortunate.

There's a lot of stress involved in starting a new job, and this is his first real "corporate" gig -- not a start-up. It was great for him to be able to choose the job that would be best for him, but very stressful as it all happened the week we signed the lease for our new home (which, by the way, is just SIX minutes from his new job -- how perfect is that??). It feels good for me (and I'm sure way more for him) that the interviews are finally over, he picked one, and we decided to take the condo so our lives feel stable instead of all up in the air as they did a couple weeks ago.

Anyway, here's to Andrew! He's a jolly good fellow. :)

4 comments:

Zack, Shannon and Oliver said...

I'm confused! Did I miss something? Did you buy a condo? Or are you just renting one? You left the P.G.?
Congrats Andrew on the new job! Hope all is going well.

Jenn said...

Oh, yeah, sorry Shannon. I didn't really ever explain on here. I've posted about it on Facebook, but not on here, I guess.

Since we knew Andrew was going to get a different job we started looking for new places to live (since before we were living in his boss's basement apartment). We found a super amazing deal on a townhome (or condo -- not sure the difference -- I think it's a townhome?) in Orem around 8th North. We really like it.

I just saw that you have a new post on your blog, so I am headed over...

Jenn said...

Woops, I still didn't clarify -- we are RENTING.

Ellen said...

Yay Andrew. You guys have had a lot of stress this past year. Hope it starts to let up.