Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Christian at 3 months



The most frequent comment that Christian receives when out and about isn't the obvious -- that he's the cutest baby alive -- but this -- "That is a BIG baby!" He doesn't have his check-up until next month so I don't have the exact stats to back it up, but yes, he is big. And adorable!

I don't know if he really looks like me or Andrew -- I can't really tell. But sometimes he reminds me exactly of what Kate looked like at his age. So since everyone thinks she looks just like Andrew, maybe he does, too?

The hair on the sides of his head has rubbed off, so it looks like he has a perfect little crew cut.


I still can't really tell what color his eyes are going to be, though they look like they'll probably be hazel or brown. He is officially sleeping through the night -- hallelujah! -- and sometimes will take a LONG nap during the day. When he wakes up from these long naps, I swear he has gained two pounds. He usually goes to bed between 9-10pm and wakes up around 5 or 6 am, then will go back to sleep for a couple hours.

He has major reflux problems, and so is still not sleeping in his crib. He sleeps in a little chair. If he is laid down flat, he will almost always throw up and wake himself up. But if he's upright, then he sleeps just fine. It's just that he's getting too big for his little chair, and he is really close to turning over. He sleeps on his side in the chair. It's cute.

Christian has also learned how to suck his thumb --yay! (until he gets older...) -- and is pretty good at self-soothing.

He is a LOUD eater. It is somewhat embarrassing when in quiet settings (church), and he and I often get quizzical/accusing stares. Nothing I can do about it, people! He enjoys his food, what can I say? One lady next to me turned to me multiple times, amazed at how loud he was. She said, "It's like he's starving!" One look at the kid will let you know -- he is not starving. :)

He's also very "talkative." He loves to coo and guhh.

He's generally a very mellow baby -- a lot like Kate was. He isn't overly smiley, but he will light up with smiles if the mood strikes him. He loves playing patty-cake with Kate (and me), and loves Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. He also enjoys being bounced in the air and will really smile/laugh and make the cutest scrunched up smiley face ever. I have to get video or something of that.

I've decided that I like babies. The three months+ kind. He rarely cries unless he's hungry or tired, but mostly he's just a happy little guy. As Kate is getting older and discovering how to push Mommy's buttons, I have a greater appreciation for the baby stage. :)

4 comments:

paul said...

The second pic: that baby has some CHEEKS!

Sabrina said...

Ughhhh...he is SOOOO CUTE! Look at those cheeks!!! I want to pinch them!

Ellen said...

He does look a lot like Kate, but just so much like a boy. I love the crew cut.

Anonymous said...

I was gonna say that very first picture reminded me of you! More than Kate did as I recall...so I'm thinking there's some Jenn in there.

And yay, about the job. I'm glad you bragged about Andrew...that is amazing, especially right now! Glad things are settling down.