Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Ahh...Bigotry.

Sorry--I will not write too much about this. I want this blog to be a happy place. But I was shocked/saddened/angered by what I've read about this movie coming out Aug. 24th. It's about the Mountain Meadows Massacre in Utah in 1857. It's supposed to be "historical." Everything I've read about it, though, suggests a very unfair portrayal and even demonization of Mormons. I think it's sad that this sort of film would be made today. We are still so misunderstood (though, generally, I think things in recent years have been very favorable to us and much improved) and will continue to be so when movies like this come out. Oh well. I'm trying not to let it bother me so much. We can only do what we can to stop lies from spreading by living our lives as best we can. So ironic, though, don't you think--that so many people accuse us of being intolerant bigots? Hmm.

3 comments:

Emily John said...

One thing I have learned about all the negative publicity that mormons get is that, everytime I hear the crap they say, my testimony grows even bigger. It just show you how hard satan is working to destory the church, so it must be true. if it wasn't he wouldn't spend so much time influencing people to attack it. Plus once in awhile it gets someone to look in to the church and they figure out that it's the true church!

mistyp said...

That's what I hear people saying, too... They try to make it a negative thing toward the church but in the end it just introduce people to the church and get them interested in learning more. Satan can't stop the truth from rolling forward!

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute, how could you guys know what I'm planning. man o man.