Saturday, August 11, 2007

"Clever Girl"

Kate has really been making some progress lately. A few days ago she started to pull up on furniture. Now, she can cruise around our whole couch. Last night, she let go and turned around, free-standing! I was amazed and a little worried she was going to have a major face-plant, but she did fine. She has been bonking her head a lot more, but she's learning to be more careful in the way she does things. I wouldn't be shocked if she started walking by the end of the month! She's wanted to walk for a long time now.

There are only a couple of things we tell Kate not to touch: the VCR/DVD player and the computer's power button. Of course, these seem to be the only things she wants to touch. When Andrew was home with her the other day, he came in to the living room from the kitchen and saw her messing with the VCR. As SOON as she saw him, she dropped to her tummy and turned in another direction, and started patting the ground...as if to say, "Doo doo doo. What's going on, Daddy?"

She makes us laugh all the time. She's got such a fun personality. I can't believe she's 8 months old today!

PS Anyone know what movie I'm quoting in the title? Hint: nothing to do with Seinfeld or Patrick Swayze. See what you come up with. I think Sabrina knows this.

PPS Is anyone else having trouble posting videos? I've tried photobucket and google video. Can't get anything to work!

3 comments:

mistyp said...

Haven't tried to post videos lately...sorry. :) Does sound like she's going to be walking soon. She'll probably beat Micah. I'm not pushing him right now because my husband wants to see him start walking and he's leaving to go back to TX. Hopefully he'll wait until we get back to TX. You do have a clever girl on your hands! She's a cute one!!!

Anonymous said...

Kate was almost there when we were there. Andrew was my earliest walker of my kids, so she might inherit that, but she is longer and leaner than he was at 8 months. That is so much fun. We noticed when we were there that she loved the VCR and DVD player too. I'm glad she's stayed out of the cupboards so far....

Anonymous said...

If I would have SEEN this before you revealed the answer...i would have guessed Jurassic Park. Is Kate doing the Velociraptor in this? By the way, I went to my 10-year HS reunion this past weekend...just imagine.