Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Paint Head

Last Saturday night, Andrew, his dad, and I were trying to finish painting our bedroom. We put up a huge blockade of blankets and pillows in front of the door so that Kate wouldn't get in for a minute, so I could finish what I was doing. She pushed and pulled, went around in different directions, huffed and puffed, and finally, as if she were a star running back jumping over a pile of guys into the end zone--SCORE! She flipped and flopped her way over the pile and rolled down.

Later on, as I was busy running around, I walked past Kate and saw that the back of her head was COVERED in paint (I had already given her a bath of course). I keep kicking myself now because I wish I had run for the camera--how often does your head get covered in paint? But, for some reason, I was only concerned with getting that paint out of her hair pronto! Luckily, a little scrubbing with water did the trick--it came off pretty easily. It hadn't dried--phew! We're guessing it happened when she made her touchdown into the room we were painting.

We got the room almost done. Just one more coat of paint (we ran out--dang it) on the walls. We'll post pictures later--but we are really liking it. It's a purplish-gray color (I'm not very good at describing colors). It just feels great to not have dust all over the house anymore. No more scraping and sanding! Andrew keeps saying we need to do the office now--but I'm feeling pretty done.

1 comment:

mistyp said...

Great description of the event, even if you don't have the picture to go with it. You make me tired just hearing about all the work you do!!!