Sunday, January 20, 2008

A New But OLD Calling

Yes yes. Once again, I have been called to nursery. The last time I got called to nursery, I started crying...so I think I did much better this time. I was actually hoping for that call so that I wouldn't have to keep Kate silent and happy for such a long period of time. She will love it!! She's about 5 months shy of being a legal nursery participant, but I think she'll get along just fine. I just hope she doesn't catch every illness that walks through the door!

This time is also better because Andrew is going to be with me in there! It will be an easy calling for him while he's in school this semester--which is another big plus. And of course, another bonus is that we are moving at the end of the semester, so if it's horrible it won't have to be endured forever! Heh, heh.

Oh yes...and we are so excited about seeing the shiny, happy faces of children every week. ;) (See picture above)

I just wish that picture was an actual reflection of what nursery is like. Ha! When I close my eyes, all I see is snot, tears, and violence. Hmm... I hope Kate likes it...

7 comments:

Emily John said...

Oh man...I'm glad you want this calling. I am so tired of being called to nursery. I hope she doesn't get sick every week, that gets old fast. Kate will probably love it, cause of all the toys, just go in and disinfect them first.

jennybhill said...

What a nice picture. Our nursery looked almost like that yesterday...when all three nursery classes combined for toy time and singing time. 18 kids and 8 adults was just a few too many for one classroom. The Kleenex almost didn't last. Good luck to Kate; Spencer's had to make an early entry too. He gets pushed around a bit but has learned to do a little pushing back.

Jenn said...

Three nursery classes? 18 kids? Holy cow! I just found out that our ward only has one nursery and only has 4 kids (5 with Kate). That's not too bad!

Emily John said...

Logans nursery class has 29!!!! kids and about 25 show up each week. Then they have the two leaders and about 4 parents in there at the same time.

Jenn said...

Emily! That's INSANE!! Why don't they divide it, for pete's sake?!?

Emily John said...

They have two nursery classes already. Why they don't make a third...maybe a fourth, is beyond me.

mistyp said...

Ahh the joys of nursery! I hope I've already done my time in there... I probably shouldn't have said that since we're just getting ready to move to a new ward. Good luck!