Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Nineteen Eighty-Four

Holy cow! I finally finished this book last night!! I can't believe how long it's taken me! I started it back in my last semester of school. I wanted to read a book of my choosing (as opposed to my many reading lists) and had also been disappointed that I was never assigned to read this all through high school or college. Then I got pregnant...started remodeling the house...had a kid...sold the house...moved...anyway, excuses excuses, I know. I started reading pregnancy books and then child-rearing books and left classic literature gathering dust on the shelf. Sad!

Anyway, it was a great book! I would definitely recommend it to anyone out there who hasn't read it yet. It is an excellent read! I think it would have been even better if I read it in a shorter time span, though. I am going to read Animal Farm (also by George Orwell) next. I read it when I was in highschool, but let's face it...that was a long time ago...And it's only like 90 pages or so, so it shouldn't take me two years! Geesh.

No comments: