Monday, January 14, 2008

The Ron Paul March in Vegas!!


For those of you who already think I'm crazy, this post will only confirm that belief!

Yesterday, my sister's entire family and Kate and I (Andrew's in school, so he couldn't go) caravanned on down to Vegas (roughly 5 hours) for a Ron Paul freedom march. There were about 400-500 people that came from all over to participate. It was so fun!! We marched down the Las Vegas strip. The effort was to raise awareness for Ron Paul's message (returning our country to the principles it was founded on--aka the Constitution) before the Nevada caucus next week. It was a quick trip--got there yesterday afternoon and returned home tonight.

I've decided I never need to go to Las Vegas again (sleazy sleazy), but I am very glad I went down there for the march. Even if you aren't going to vote for Ron Paul, I'd encourage everyone out there to get informed about the candidates and vote your conscience!

If you are interested in learning more about Ron Paul but don't have a lot of time, see below for a short 8 minute video of Ron Paul to give you a quick intro. It's got some rockin' music--enjoy! Below that one is a quick video of the march.

6 comments:

Nick Ericksen said...

Although I read your blog religiously, this is the first time I've made a comment. Must say that I'm proud of my children, the activists! Although I'm a bit of a political junkie myself, I've never gotten as involved in the process as marching in a show of support for a candidate! Many of Ron Paul's ideas are new for me, but I've been learning a lot about things that American has forgotten.
Way to go, Jenn! Love, Mom

Jenn said...

Yay--thanks for making a comment, Mom! Hope you'll keep making them! :)

Emily John said...

I hate Vegas, my sis in law lives there and we go down quite a bit and NEVER go to the strip. Nasty!

Anonymous said...

Good for you guys...

Anonymous said...

wow thats awesome, all the way to Vegas. i feel like i should do more. even though i cant vote i will spread the word of Ron Paul. i think he is the only person who can save this country!

Kimber said...

the STRIP (shudders) the march was OK though. It was really fun to see all the people....i got so excited I almost got hit by a car!! WHOOPS