Monday, August 18, 2008

Back to the blog...

I'm not sure where I've been or what I've been doing exactly, but I guess I haven't been blogging. I think I've just been consumed by the Olympics, playing with Kate and Andrew (Andrew's done with summer semester finally!), and reading the Twilight series. I just finished up Breaking Dawn, and so now, as promised, I can get on with my life! :) Here are some random things that have been going on...
Kate continues her monkeying ways...she took everything out of the cabinet, then crawled in.
We went for a drive on the Nebo Loop. We were in Payson already for a doctor's appointment I had. I thought I had another kind of cancer--turns out I don't.

These pictures are my attempt at nature photography. I just started reading the camera's manual (that I got almost a year ago now...), and so tried to take some pics.

Kate's a tree hugger! Whenever she sees a nearby tree, she runs over and wraps her arms around it. Pretty cute, I have to say. Should I buy her some Birkenstocks? :)

This was after Kate's nap yesterday. She has been FREAKING out when we drop her off to nursery. She was just so used to having us in there, I guess. I hope she can make some friends in there and start to feel comfortable! We met with the bishop yesterday to get acquainted. Turns out he grew up in Andrew's grandparents' ward and knows all about his family. Weird. He owns a computer software company and used to travel to NYC every week to the World Trade Center, where he had an office. He, like many other members Andrew knew in NYC, just felt like he shouldn't go to work that day. Anyway, he also mentioned that there is a Cantonese ward in our stake and they are always looking for people who speak Cantonese for a stake calling. Noooo!! That would be my worst fear! I would have to really start studying hardcore!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn those are some really good nature pictures, including Kate. Kate has got me smiling. Just curious, the name of your bishop?

llcall said...

i really miss your blog when you take a hiatus...so yay, for having you back!

Janisu said...

Yes, Jenn, tell us who your bishop is? All of us (in Ellen's generation) are dying to know! And what did you think of the Twilight books? You should join me on goodreads.com--interested? Or too busy blogging for that? Let me know!

mistyp said...

I love your nature, pics, too! Kate is getting so big. I'm glad my kids weren't into climbing as much as most kids. I'm sure your Cantonese is still great. Mine isn't!