Saturday, August 9, 2008

Thunder...Lightning!

I took Kate to play behind our apartment. We weren't out there for very long before it started thundering and lightning. Kate was a little disturbed at the thunder (in the picture she's watching the sky), but was completely unbothered by the rain. I had to drag her inside before the downpour began.

I just kept thinking about poor Andrew! Andrew and his brother left yesterday to hike Mt. Timp. They're going to come back in the morning...so I hope they're okay tonight as it's storming! Andrew worked really hard this week (a lot of 12 hour days at school) to finish programming a chess game. It's not due til Monday but he was able to get it done Friday, so he could go camping. He definitely deserves a break--I hope they're having fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always been afraid of lightning. When I was a kid there was a huge, leaning tree outside my bedroom and I was always afraid it was going to be hit by lightning and fall on the house.

Last time Mike and I went up Timp it starting storming. We were in shorts, so it was FREEZING! There was freezing rain pelting us in the face. I hope Andrew has warm, dry gear! We sure weren't prepared.

So are we going to get to see you before we leave? Can you come on Tuesday night? We would really love to see you. I'm glad we have blogs, though, so we can keep in touch!