Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I did it.

The reason I haven't been on the computer very much this past week is because I've been busy reading the first two books in the Twilight series. 'Sigh.' I haven't had much desire to read it until now. I generally don't like to read overly popular books--like Harry Potter. Something in me just cringes at the very idea. But I gave in--I was too curious what all the fuss was about. And now there are dishes piled high, garbage overflowing, laundry undone...you get the idea. I just needed a break from the heavy books I've been reading; I wanted to be entertained without having to think. I got my fix! So just two more books in the series--then I can get ON with my life. The next book on the reading list is Middlemarch by George Eliot. I had a couple teachers in my final year at school that just raved about it. It's apparently been named by many as the best English novel ever written. So, hopefully it can live up to its praises! It's a long one and I'm pretty sure no gorgeous vampires appear--so it may take me longer than a day to read. :)

7 comments:

Cami and Jason said...

I started reading the books a few months ago, and I have to admit, I am hooked!! Stephenie Meyer has another book out called The Host which I just finished yesterday. It's pretty good too!

Emily John said...

I haven't read them, and honestly I don't think I will. My sis-in-law likes them but told me to skip book 2 and 3. What do you think?

Emily John said...

I haven't read them, and honestly I don't think I will. My sis-in-law likes them but told me to skip book 2 and 3. What do you think?

oppfamily said...

I haven't read those books yet but I have heard a lot about them. I can totally get you on the letting everything else go, I do it too when I am into a book (Jim hates it when I read, he thinks I ignore him too much, ha ha).

Kimber said...

I love Twilight! I managed to stop after the second one. I heard bad things about the third. And she's LDS too! Those books are really good. And, if you want (though you probably don't want to) you can borrow The Host from me. It's different but still entertaining!

Candis Ellis said...

Hi Jenn!
I just love reading your blog, I am so glad you read mine too (and comment, I am addicted.) Speaking of addictions...I am almost done with book 3, I love them ALL. I think they are all good! We really need to have you guys up for dinner...we are getting our dining room in order and as soon as we do...come be our guests! We will, of course, discuss our recent read for most of the night :)

Candis Ellis said...

P.S. I like your new blog look! What an adorable little family!