Thursday, July 31, 2008

Future WNBA Star?

Will Kate be the female version of Yao Ming?

Kate was weighed and measured today. Conclusion = Kate is VERY tall and very skinny. Her height is still off the charts and shows no sign of coming down any time soon. Her weight is in the 50th percentile when taken by itself, but put together with her height, she's in the 10th percentile. I heard "She's really tall" at least eight times today and one "She's the tallest 18 month old I've ever seen!". I was really tall as a kid, too, but I've looked back at how tall I was at Kate's age (thanks to my mom for good record keeping) and I'm about three inches shy of where she is now. I am beginning to wonder if she will just be extremo tall or if this is a spurt that will eventually slow down. She's been growing this way since birth so we'll see what happens, I guess. Right now is a little strange, though, because everyone assumes she is much older than she is--so when she starts to babble to other kids instead of actually talking, I get some strange looks from other moms.

3 comments:

Candis Ellis said...

I totally feel your 'pain' (not really pain, I think it is cool.) James and Chomper are both that way! Although they are in the 25th and 10th percentile for weight (sigh.) Kate is going to be a tall, beautiful, and slender heart-breaker for sure!

Anonymous said...

Kate is adorable! I love your header with her on the swing with Andrew! Maybe she'll be a model... tall and skinny.

Have I mentioned that we're going to totally miss you guys (even though we don't see you that often these days)?

Anonymous said...

She must have inherited some of that Morrill "tall gene." Andrew's great-grandfather Morrill was 6'5". His wife was 5'2". What a couple they made!