Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July FUN!


Sorry these pictures are not the best...the one of me and Kate was completely black, but I managed to get some picture out of it in Photoshop.

I think this was our 4th annual Park City Fourth of July. It was really fun! We looked at all the galleries, ate an amazing dinner, and then watched the AWESOME fireworks.

Here are some highlights:

--I suggested we get some ice cream to share--I figured that's what you should do on a holiday with a little kid, right? Well, Kate refused to touch it! I was able to stick a little in her mouth and she seemed to like it, but still wouldn't have any more. I didn't want to eat it all by myself, so I finally let Kate just hold the cup of ice cream. That thrilled her and she started sticking her finger in for a taste. Eventually, she realized her folly in turning it down earlier. It's not like I want her to get hooked on ice cream or something--but it's the fourth of July for heaven's sake!

--At one point, Kate was freaking out in one of the galleries, so I took Kate out and walked a ways to the bathroom while Andrew stayed behind. On the way back, I suddenly found myself right behind a group of young men in wife beaters (white tank tops for those unfamiliar with the term) that were yelling and swearing at each other. I was the only one near them and slowed my step way down. They were threatening each other, etc. and I stopped walking. One of the calmer ones put his arm out towards me and said, "I don't think you want to come through here." I didn't think I did, either. I quickly moved myself and the stroller into the street. As soon as I did, there were two guys slugging it out on the sidewalk. They were on the ground before anyone could drag them off each other. Doo da doo...I passed them by carefully but quickly. Phew! I'd never seen the gangster type in Park City before.

--Kate hated the fireworks and tried to run when they started. We always sit as close to the protective fence as we can--that's the only way! I think Kate would have liked it from a distance, but it's so much better up close! It feels like you're inside the fireworks. She settled down after a little while and almost fell asleep on Andrew.

--We got an amazing parking space that we RAN to as soon as the fireworks were over. Andrew had figured out a back way to go to avoid the huge traffic jam afterwards. We were on the highway in 17 minutes!! That has got to be a record!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun. What a scary story ganters in the alley with you! You guys are so cute.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Kate finally figured out that ice cream is delicious!!

Zack, Shannon and Oliver said...

Sorry, we forgot to call you so that we could meet up in Park City on the 4th!! Lost track of my brain during the family reunion. Hope we can get together soon!!