Friday, July 25, 2008

Kate's New Love


Andrew's family had a picnic yesterday to celebrate Pioneer Day and Andrew's mom's birthday! It was a lot of fun--especially because Andrew's mom, sister, and brother were there. Kate spent HOURS sitting on the swings--sometimes swinging...sometimes not. She would cry at any attempt to remove her from the swing. She's never been on a real swing before yesterday, and I don't think there's any going back to kiddie swings (which she's always hated). I felt bad when everyone was playing frisbee or volleyball and I would look over and Kate would just still be sitting there--all alone--on the swing. But she loved it--so I guess I shouldn't feel too bad. At one point one of her cousins was pushing her on the swings. I looked over and Kate was SOARING. Andrew and I ran over to slow her down, worried she'd let go and fall backwards. But before we slowed her down, I caught a glimpse of her face--she was beaming! She was having the time of her life before we slowed her way down to a gentle rocking. Poor kid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures on the swing!!