Monday, July 14, 2008

We're in!! Sort of...

Kate dancing with the dolly. Below pic is the view from our living room.
Phew! What a week/weekend! We just moved from the nicest ward ever. I don't even know how many men from the elder's quorum showed up to help us move! There were TONS! And I guess some high priests came, too. Not to mention a bunch of deacons and one kid that was in our sunbeam class two years ago. He's going into third grade but seriously looks like he could be 14--not joking! He asked if he could ride over with us to Wymount (everybody that helped load the truck went to Wymount to UNLOAD--how nice!!), then adding, "I mean, we haven't talked in two years!" That made me laugh. He rode over in the truck with Andrew.

Andrew joked with me that as soon as we got moved out the entire ward would be translated. I responded--"Ah ha! Maybe that's why so many people came out to help!"

Anyway, the whole "move" only took 2.5 hours! That has to be some kind of record. Granted, I had already moved tons of stuff during the week--but still. We were so grateful to have so much help. Thanks to everyone that came to help! You are all life savers! And especially Andrew's saintly grandma! She not only helped me move A LOT of stuff during the week, she also cooked for us almost every night and tended Kate.

Now that we're here, there is a lot to do. I still need to clean up our old apartment. Have I mentioned that I hate moving?

Anyway, my review of the place so far is very favorable! Neighbors helped us unload during the week and offered us dinner. The kitchen and bathroom are as small as everybody said, but everything else feels pretty roomy. I think we'll have plenty of (or at least enough) room for all our stuff. Nobody's been in our business yet, but I can see how that could happen. With no AC and open windows I've heard a lot of random conversations.

Kate has had sort of a rough adjustment, though. At first she kept going to the front door and waving bye-bye, like, "Okay. I'm ready to go back home now." I think she's starting to come around now, though.

Andrew and I have never been great at doing FHE every Monday night, but living here totally makes me want to do it every week. I don't really know why exactly--there's something in the air here--or the water. Tonight we're going to make some homemade ice cream for the treat! We got the maker for our wedding from my MTC companion and I've never felt brave enough to try it. When I found it again in the move, Andrew got really excited about it. How fun!

4 comments:

Candis Ellis said...

This is so fun! I am so excited for you. We will have to come over and visit/help in any way you need us!

Emily John said...

No AC? Agh! Your braver than me. I will never go with out central air ever again.

It looks really nice. I hope you like it!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to your new place! I'm glad that you had so many people to help! I bet Kate will love having lots of Wymount playmates and really close playgrounds!

mistyp said...

Hey, at least you're not in TX with no AC!!!! Looks like a nice place and I'm sure you'll make lots of new friends. Good luck with the unpacking...I HATE moving, too!