Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Wymount here we come!

(This picture is just from the internet, not our actual building or anything. You'll get real pics later.)

Well, tomorrow (Wed) at 10 AM I can finally pick up the keys to our new apartment. We haven't even seen the inside of this thing yet! Andrew peeked in the windows this afternoon, though. When I asked him what it looked like, his response was, "Small." We wouldn't mind small so much if we didn't have so much darn stuff! I really hope we can fit it all in and still be able to turn around. Andrew is super busy this week with school, so I've been boxing stuff up and loading it into our car, Andrew's grandparents' car, and a trailer that they have. I'm going to take a bunch of stuff over tomorrow with Andrew's grandma (she's so nice!) and hopefully every day until Saturday when we'll have a moving truck and the elder's quorum to help.

I don't know about you guys, but every move is really exciting to me. Every time, I feel sad that we're leaving wherever it is (except for our apartment in Houston--with rats in the walls and scary men lurking about), but always hopeful about the new experiences waiting. Since Andrew and I have been married (five years), we have moved SEVEN times. Ugh. I realized tonight that in some strange way moving makes me feel like we're getting married all over again. It's a new start every time and that's fun. I'm also hoping that Kate will find some friends her age there--that would be great. She's going to be sad not seeing Grandma and Grandpa almost every day; she really loves being around them.

Last night, I stayed up late reading reviews of Wymount. Ha! There were some funny ones and some really bitter ones. The summary goes about like this-- the kitchen and bathroom are insanely small, the walls are thin, the toilets sometimes run (and maintenace sometimes gets to it), the wards are loud (due to the gazillion kids), the lawn mowing people come VERY early, people are all up in your business (especially if you have a cat--which is against the rules), no AC, and no dishwasher, but it's within biking distance of school, it's clean, the people are some of the friendliest anywhere, and if you just have a good attitude about it then it's a great place to live! :)

6 comments:

mistyp said...

Wow! Can't wait to hear your review of the place and the adventures that await you! ;)

llcall said...

i like the people are all up in your business! that sounds fun ;)

Candis Ellis said...

I totally feel the same about moving too! There is just something about it. I was thinking about this the other day when you mentioned it to me at the cabin. I think you guys will have so much fun being surrounded by little families like your own! I am excited for you!

Zack, Shannon and Oliver said...

If you need some help moving, let me know!! Zack and I would love to help. As for living on Rabbit Hill I guess we can expect some more kids soon, it's an epidemic there! Ha Ha. No problem getting a play group together there! That would be really nice. My choices of neighbors are crazy or crazy, so enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed living in Wymount. I was lucky that I lived in one of the newer parts. The walls were totally paper thin, we lived next to a family with two kids who were always getting in trouble for splashing in the bathtub. I remember having a straight shot view of the temple from my bed, and now it's a three plus hour drive away....I hope you have a really good time there.

Anonymous said...

How exciting! Let us know if you need help. We need to get together for games again, too, not to mention the pool!