Sunday, December 28, 2008

Extreme Sledding


What is this?! A family picture?? Couldn't be. Kate's expression couldn't be helped. It was the best we could do.


Andrew's family (mom, sister, and brother) were all in town this weekend. We had lots of fun watching movies, playing Cranium late into the night, and sledding! It was probably the busiest day to go sledding--the hills were PACKED, but we still found enough snow to call our own for a few hours. It was Kate's first time sledding, and she LOVED it! Well, she loved it the first few times with Andrew anyway. Then I took her. I was so nervous she was going to go flying off the sled, that I used my feet to help slow us down, and in the process kicked up a ton of snow into her face. She didn't particularly care for that and was content to mostly just watch us after that.


As you can see...loving it with Daddy, not loving it so much with Mommy. Her tongue is totally sticking out in the middle pic--ha ha. (Click on the pictures to see them bigger.)



Andrew went off a jump. Got some good air! Then decided to go "snowboarding" and got some more air. Heh, heh.

We were sledding a bit too close to a fence and had a few bumps. (Andrew's sister is in the first pic.)


Andrew's brother and mom with Kate. Kate's cheeks were really purple. Poor thing. We all had a lot of fun, though. Kate loved to watch people sled down (and liked a good wipeout, too), and would yell, "Again! Again!" We went to the steepest hill in the park (which felt a little like a death wish) and went down a few times. I dug my boots in that time, too, and got a good face full of snow. Afterwards I felt like I'd just gone swimming, not sledding.

3 comments:

Mary said...

How fun, how fun!!! I want to come sled with you and you know I want to play Cranium with you. I haven't played since... I'm tearing up. Those were the days. Love the pictures of Kate!

mistyp said...

Looks like tons of family fun! You're great parents!

Anonymous said...

Those are some great pics of Andrew getting some air. that was fun huh?