Friday, December 12, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday!!







Yesterday was Kate's second birthday! Yay! I can't tell you how relieved I feel as a parent that she's made it this far with no major mishaps. Phew!

As I may have mentioned previously, Kate now loathes the camera. No more ham and cheese--dang it! She ALWAYS covers her face when she sees it. So the trick is to get her when she isn't looking, from the side, or from behind. But I think it may be a while before I get a real smile for the camera again.

Thanks to all the grandmas and grandpas that helped make her day special. She got some cute books, animals, and the Little People Animal Farm. She loves lining up her Little People figures on her windowsill facing out. If you turn them around, she gets upset. They are supposed to be enjoying the view. She does it every day, multiple times.

Oh and my sister gave her a little trim last week, so now she can see!

I didn't bake a cake--just brownies and ice cream. She attempted to blow out the candles, but with no success. It was a fun birthday, though. Andrew was busy all day trying to finish up his homework by midnight, so I am hoping that we might be able to actually hang out as a family today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for kate's birthday! and yay, for the semester almost being over so that we might get our husbands' more undivided attention :)

Megan and John said...

feliz cumpleanos, miss kate!! two years old is a good year. i think that daniel would agree... daniel is so darned fun right now. i love it!

so, is anyone going to make it up to idaho again? or will i have to come down there?? :) i miss you guys!

Douglas Lai said...

Happy Birthday Kate!!!!!
Erica

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she's 2! Wow! TIme flies!

For not wanting her picture taken, you got some great ones! I love the first on of her opening the card.

mistyp said...

I can't believe she's 2, either! I love that pic of her with the card!