Monday, December 22, 2008

Hardcoreness.

To me, Andrew seems very hardcore.

He's been looking forward to snowshoeing for the last six months. This weekend, he finally got his wish. He rented some snowshoes and went up a mountain with a friend. They carried sleds on their backpacks and so once they were ready to head back, they went all the way down on their sleds! How fun does that sound?! Andrew said he couldn't feel his toes or his fingers for a while (and his drinking water FROZE on the way up), but he wants me to go with him sometime over the break. Originally, he wanted us to go so that we could see the sun RISE--which would mean leaving our house at 3:30 AM! I convinced him that was not going to happen, and so I think we will settle for a sunset. And I will buy some toe warmer things to stick in my boots, because let's face it--I'm not hardcore.

4 comments:

Mary said...

That does sound fun, but be CAREFUL! Have you seen Ethan Frome? Yeah, the toe warmers seems really nice. Charles took them on his freezing campout.

Mary said...

We were commenting at the same time -- totally awesome!

Jenn said...

Ha ha--you crack me up. I loved Ethan Frome. DANGER did flash through my mind when he mentioned sledding down a mountain..."But wouldn't we go flying off the mountain?" Andrew: "It's possible. But we'd be careful." Hmm...

Anonymous said...

i still think you're hardcore! they'd have to make a full body warmer for me to get out there. oh wait, they do. it's called a house...i guess i'll stay in mine ;)