Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I got this book at the library for Kate without really reading it--it had flowers, old ladies, and animals--"Looks good!" I thought as I grabbed it. But when I read this book I get choked up! What a sweet book. Looks like the author has quite a few of these "Let's Be --" books. Thought I'd write the words down here so that you can read, too. :) The book has cute little pictures of a little boy going around helping people.

"I like to be kind; it's a nice thing to be.
When I reach out to others...
They reach back to me!
And so I have noticed
That, time after time,
God hands me chances
To simply be kind.
I'm kind to my family--I pick up my toys.
I go out-of-doors when I want to make noise!
But whenever they need me,
I'm always right there
To help them feel better
And to show them I care.
I'm kind to my friends--I do all I can
To be a good listener...
And to lend them a hand.
And when problems come,
I know it's a must
To shine with a kindness
They can lean on and trust.
I'm kind, too, to strangers,
When Mommy's nearby.
I offer a smile, and I always say, "Hi!"
And I'm kind to our neighbors
And bring them a treat
Whenever they're ailing--or just need to eat.
And always I'm kind
To God's animals too,
For their care is entrusted
To me and to you.
Yes, I'm kind to the lonely,
The hurting, the lost.
I'm kind without minding--
Whatever the cost.
For God blesses kindness in so many ways,
That the kindness I give out is always repaid!
So this much is certain: I know I will find
The happiest life...
By just being kind."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting the words to the book. I love it. I want to get that book--how sweet. I am going to look up the author and see what other books he has.