Friday, April 10, 2009

Llamas are the new pony.



And there was a cool white peacock!

My niece, Kimber, was leading our llama "Dennis"
I never knew one could ride a llama. Apparently, in Spanish Fork, at the Hare Krishna Temple--you can do just that. My sister's kids love llamas (I'm not sure the story behind it, but they really love them), and so she invited Kate and me to go down with them.

Kate has been deathly afraid of anything and everything lately--bark that looks like it might be a bug, dogs, noises upstairs, new people, etc. So I really didn't think I'd get her to sit on a llama or get anywhere near one really. At first, of course, she was terrified of them. We were right next to them and they towered over her (for the second I wasn't holding her). But when it was time to ride, she sat on it with very little trouble. When we went down a hill, and the llama was going pretty fast, she was thrilled and giggling. She hated to get off of it, and has been talking about how fun it was to ride the llama ever since.

3 comments:

Candis Ellis said...

That looks like fun! We need to get our kids together...

By the way...you are looking quite slim!!

Crystal said...

Wow I've never seen a white peacock!

stephasauri said...

Way to be brave, Kate!

That peacock is gorgeous!