Sunday, April 19, 2009

Scary Fish, Mommy.

Warning: This post may be disturbing to some people--it was to me, anyway.

Kate was taking a bath tonight and I went to another room to get something when she calls out to me--"Mommy! Scary fish, Mommy!" Recently, she saw Pinocchio and calls the gigantic whale a "scary fish." Well, she has a whale bath toy and so I assumed she was talking about the toy. She kept saying it, though, and sounded disturbed. I went in to see what she was talking about and yelped when I saw an unidentified (at first) dark object in the water. Kate was hugging herself on the far end of the tub and the "scary fish" was still at the other end. She had cleaned up her remaining toys and gotten them out of the tub. She looked up at me and pointed to the object. "Scary fish."

I informed her that it wasn't a fish at all, but it was her poo. She didn't really care for explanations, she just wanted the heck out of there. Who could blame her? After I got it cleaned up, Kate asked me, "Where'd the fish go?" This time she seemed less disturbed and more concerned about the fish. I'm sure the fish will be back to visit another day.

1 comment:

Melyssa said...

Mark and I are rolling! Hilarious!