Friday, September 10, 2010

Second Weigh-in


Well, as expected, camping was not what I needed for weight loss. Four days of eating too much! Luckily, it ended up evening out with the exercise I got hiking, and I didn't gain or lose while camping.

That left me with three days this week to get busy! I worked out twice (P90X -- I'm loving it), and started the shakes I ordered. Wow! LOVE the shakes, first of all. The first day I was constantly thinking about food, and didn't feel satisfied at all and really questioned my ability to live off shakes for two meals. But I kept doing it, and now I crave those shakes (I combine fresh fruit, ice, and chocolate soy milk to the powder -- yum). I don't think I was feeling hunger as much as I was just battling my addiction to eating. Strange...there's a difference?? :) I have felt mildly hungry at times, and just snack on fruit or carrots. But yesterday I didn't feel hungry at all and even delayed drinking the second shake because I didn't need it yet. Then I just eat what I would normally eat for dinner (well...no more frozen pizzas)-- just not so much, and no chocolate or Twizzlers after dinner! :)

Anyway, the shakes are part of a multi-level marketing scheme, and for that reason I almost didn't try them. I hate MLM. I will tell you what it is, though, and you can try it if you want. It's the Visalus shakes. But I'm not trying to get anyone to sign up under me or anything like that. I went through ebay to get mine.

Okay, okay. So how much did I lose in three days you are wondering. THREE pounds!! I am SO excited about this. I can't wait to see what next week brings. It feels like the weight is just melting off. It has never felt like that! Well, besides when I first start nursing. And no, I am no longer nursing. I stopped around the two month mark -- so a few weeks ago. The weight I gained during pregnancy all came off in that two months. Then I was still left with my previous overweight self.

I have just felt really good the past couple days. I feel healthy -- which I haven't felt for a long time. I have energy -- even though I haven't been getting tons of sleep or anything yet. I have been getting more than I was, though. I finally feel like weight-loss is doable for me, and I'm actually going to do it. I feel like maintaining a healthy weight is key for me and my immediate and long-term happiness. If I can't control what I'm eating, then I have a hard time controlling anything else in my life.

I hope I don't hit any walls or anything, but so far so good! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow-wee!! That is so impressive, Jenn!! I knew you could do it, but I admit, I can't believe how FAST you are doing it. And loving P90X...that sounds like an oxymoron to me, but to each his own :) Keep up the good work (and the updates)

Emily John said...

Awesome!!

Mary said...

Yay you!