Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Happy Birthday to ME :)


Technically, it's no longer my birthday and logically, I should be in bed right now--but the birthday fun must live on (well, for a few more minutes anyway--I really am tired).

Phew. 28. Huh. That's old. A friend at worked teased me about being 30--but let's face it--I might as well be. On the other hand, the night before my birthday I was overwhelmed with a feeling of gratitude for how long I've had so far. I've been able to do and see a lot already and look forward to a lot more when people way back in the day would be wrapping things up right about now.

Anywho, today was pretty great. Work gave me the day off and Andrew had the day off, too. So we went up to SLC and saw the Joseph Smith Restoration movie at the Legacy theater. I've been wanting to see that for a while now. It was kind of tough with Kate, but we were able to see most of it. We really enjoyed it. Then our friends, Stephanie and Mike, were sweet enough to watch Kate while Andrew and I went out on a date. Our dates are few and far between--so we really appreciated it! Such good people.

We went to Shoots (a really yummy Chinese restaurant in Provo) and then saw Dan in Real Life (pretty predictable, but still enjoyable and funny). Andrew and I laughed harder in that movie than we have in a movie for a long time. And to top it all off--Andrew gave me Seinfeld Season 9 (the final season--sniff sniff). It actually came out today! Perfect timing.

Thanks to everyone's calls and cards (Paul--your message really made us laugh). You're the best!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad you had a fun day. I wish you many more to come.

Emily John said...

Happy Birthday. If 28 is old I'm going to be ancient. 29 in Feb blah!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a great day!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Zack, Shannon and Oliver said...

Happy Birthday Jenn!! I know your love of Seinfeld knows no bounds!! What a great gift! And a date too! I forgot what those even are....Hope you had a great day!

mistyp said...

Sounds like you had a great day! Happy Belated Birthday!