Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Massacre at White Fridge


Well, I guess spring is officially here, because we have an ant infestation! Last time we lived here there were ants. Sigh. There's nothing like catching your little girl playing with ants as you cook dinner. To make matters worse, these ants are hard to kill! I step on them, I slam things on them, and it only makes them slow down for a minute. They just pop their shoulders back into place and keep on truckin'. (The best method I've come up with so far, is spraying them with a cleaner.) One night, I was so sick of seeing them, that I went a little crazy with a shoe--taking out as many as I could. After pausing for a minute to witness the decimation, my heart hurt a little bit as I saw a lone ant searching among the carnage for survivors. I was shocked to see it pick up one of the ants and carry it!

But having sympathy for them won't get rid of them! I don't know where they're coming from, but I do know where they're going! (eyes narrow)

7 comments:

Emily John said...

GET ANT TRAPS. They last for 4 months and they take the poison back to the nest. They are awesome. When we lived in a townhome my neighbors had a huge ant problem and we had none.

Anonymous said...

Ants are amazing creatures. The best thing I've found is to keep things clean, which isn't easy under a fridge. They love sugar.

Anonymous said...

I hate bugs. I sometimes have really bad nightmares about bugs. I should probobly just get used to them, cus they aren't going to go away. I do the same thing, just kill as many as I can, and then I think about that movie a bugs life, and it makes me really sad cus I love that movie.
-Crystal R

llcall said...

two words: basement apartment
we have the same problem over here.
-larson

Emily John said...

ps

woo hoo on 2 more pounds!!

mistyp said...

Hope they aren't the biting kind like in TX....! ;)

Rena said...

We used to have quite a problem with them here but the best thing we found are the Raid (best brand we tried) Ant Baits. They crawl in and take it back to the nest. You'd need to put them where your darling little Kate couldn't find them but you might give it a try. Put out 2 or 3 in different places. Great job on the weight loss. :-) I'm impressed.
Aunt LaRene