Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Ticklin' the Ivories


Really getting into it now--Jerry Lee Lewis style!

Combining her two loves--music and the phone.

Monday afternoon, Kate woke up from her nap blazing hot! She was breathing irregularly, and her hearbeat was racing. I had to run some errands with her, and while we were out I decided to buy her a little piano keyboard (only $10!) to lift her spirits. She loves music and loves to play on the piano. She's been at several houses now with pianos, and she goes right to it, and tinks away. Anyway, I also just watched the movie August Rush, which is all about a kid and music...so I was in the mood.

Anyway, as we were out, I became increasingly worried about Kate because her fever didn't seem to be going down at all and she was starting to have a blank stare. I decided to take her to the doctor (even though we're between insurance right now) to have her checked out. The doctor was so weird (I had to take whatever doctor I could get, since I didn't have an appointment)--telling me all about some depressed teen who started crying in his office, etc. He looked at Kate for a minute (between his stories) and said, "Uh, yeah, I'll chalk this one up to the flu." She didn't have an ear infection or strep throat, but her temp was 102 degrees. Poor thing. He said she'd probably start puking in a couple days. But today she woke up with no fever and seems to be feeling great! I should have probably held off on the doctor's visit, but I get so paranoid about her health ever since the bloody diapers. And it was nice to rule out an ear infection and strep.

I'm just glad she's feeling better and loves her piano!

2 comments:

Emily John said...

When kids are sick it's always better to be safe than sorry. I waited with Logan one time and by the time I took him in he had two ear infections and was puking his guts out, and there was nothing to give him cause it was too far a long. Poor kid. Glad Kate is doing better.

Anonymous said...

That is just darling. It is good you are nurturing her love for the piano/music.

Just curious, who was the doctor?

I hope she is doing better.