Tuesday, April 1, 2008

One BIG bed




For those of you who don't know, since Andrew and I moved, we decided to sleep in separate beds. Not because we don't love each other, don't worry! Andrew hasn't slept well ever since we got married because he couldn't stretch out. And I didn't sleep well because he was always trying to spread out. Sadly, when we got married we made a very bad decision to buy a queen sized bed instead of a king. When we moved back to his grandparents' house, there was already a queen bed in one of the rooms, so we decided to push them together and make one gigantic bed. It is awesome! It's like having a slumber party all the time. :) We both love it, and it will be hard to go back when we move. We've talked about buying a twin sized bed to put next to the queen. I would take the twin because I don't move around that much. Andrew's grandpa thinks we are insane, but it works for us, and that's all that matters.

Anyway, I don't know what Kate will do, either. She LOVES playing on the beds. It's definitely her favorite activity besides playing outside. In these pics she's in her diaper because she had a messy diaper that got all over her shirt and pants. Nasty. I need to get a video of her playing on the beds--it is very cute. She loves to fling herself as far as she can--anywhere she falls is a soft landing. These pictures aren't very good to show both beds, but you can probably get the idea.

In the last picture, she is doing her "big smile." She started doing this last week. Andrew and I would be talking or something and she would get in our face with this HUGE smile on her face. I don't know if she just does it for attention or what--but it works. We love it.

5 comments:

llcall said...

separate beds is catching on...it's the wave of the future!!! that's what neal and i keep telling ourselves. and new scientific studies support it; seriously, i have the reference.

Emily John said...

Spence and I have a king, so when we visit family we share a queen and neither of us sleep well. I think pushing the beds together is a great idea! It makes me feel less weird about having our own blankets.

Melyssa said...

She's so cute! I can relate to Andrew- if I had my way, I'd sleep spread eagle. I love to stretch out my limbs.

Mary said...

Hi Jenn,

Thans for the comment on my blog - my first one! I love your blog! Yes, I know grandpa thinks you're crazy, he has told me all about your beds. Hey, he hates what I named my baby, what can you do? Kate is adorable -- grandma has talked about her a lot. I am jealous that you get to live with her!

Mary

mistyp said...

That's funny... Whatever works, huh? :)