Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Letters from a #1 fan!!

Ha--I was just going through old letters and what not and found some funny stuff. Below are two letters that I wrote in October 1988. I was almost nine years old. Hope you get a kick out of these, like I did. My personal favorite is the one to Debbie Gibson. After you read the letters, I don't think you'll be shocked to learn that they never wrote back.

"Dear Mr. Swayze,

I am writing this on my computer.

You are one of my favorite actors. I love the movie "Youngblood." It's cool! I saw the TV version. What movie that you've made do you like the best? I've not seen "Dirty Dancing" because I'm only 9. But I've heard it's wonderful, and I want to see it. I wish you were in more PG movies.

I have a poster of you! I collect "Teen-Beat" and "All-Stars."

What is your favorite sport?

I live in Omaha, Nebraska. It's very nice out here.

I love horses. I think they are so pretty. I hardly ever get to ride them though. How much do you ride your horse? If I had a horse I would ride it all day and night.

I want to be a famous dancer--it looks really fun. I also want to be a singer. I want to play more sports. I think they are fun. Is your wife a dancer also? I think you should make more movies together. I think she is pretty.

How many people are in your family? There are six people in my family. I have a sister and two brothers and a dad and a mom. My sister is 16. My brother is 13. My other brother is 11, and I am 9 years old. I do not act like a 9 year old at all. My friends and I act like big teenagers.

On the bus to school we always look at Teen-Beat. My friend likes George Michael. She wrote to him, but he never answered her letter, but of course it has not been a long time. Because he lives far away.

What do you do in your spare time?

Do you think Rob Lowe is nice? I was wondering how do you dance like that? It looks so hard. I tried it I could not do it. Do you have a child? I don't think you do. Just to make sure I thought I'd ask you.

Because of integration, I go to Conestoga school. It's okay, but I like my other school better. It is called Catlin. I have more friends there. My friends has one of your tapes too! She enjoys it very much.

Have you met Debbie Gibson? Well, if you have do you think she is nice? I was wondering if I should write her also.

I like your song "She's like the Wind." It's neat.

Are you going to make a "Dirty Dancing II?" I sort of want to be an artist! I love all the movies that I've seen you that you have made! I think that is neat that you and your wife have been married for so long.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, PATRICK SWAYZE!

Your fan,

Jenny Ericksen

P.S. Please write back!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay, i am dying here jenn! this is sooo funny. i mean, "we're like big teenagers" that is just priceless. THANK YOU for posting this...i almost think of it like the best birthday present i got :)

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! I am cracking up! I can't wait until Mike stops studying so I can show him.

paul said...

Dear Jenny,

I am writing this on my computer.

Thank you for posting these fan letters, they were really neat. I don't have any of your letters. But my friend does, but one of her friends accidentally took the letter so now she doesn't have it.

So now about you. Your family is the exact same size as mine. I was wondering how do you write like that? It looks so hard. I tried it I could not do it.

Do you think Drew Barrymore is nice?

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, JENNY!

Your fan,

Paul Ericksen

P.S. Please write back!

Sabrina said...

oh...my...goodness. This is the best post ever.

Kimber said...

Jenny! You are so funny! My mom and I were cracking up...and I don't even know who the heck these people are!!

Kimber

p.s. do you think ron paul is nice??