Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Small Kate Update




Kate is increasingly difficult to take a picture of! Out of MANY pictures that I took today at the park, these are the rare few where she wasn't totally glaring at me. We had a lot of fun today running around the park and playing on the swings. Kate kicked her legs out and threw her body back (trying to make herself go higher), but she scared herself when she went a little too far back. She told herself in her cute little voice, "Uh oh! Careful!" Sadly, just moments later she let go of the chain on the swing and went flying to the ground (and I think she hit her head on a rock--yikes)! It was her first accident on the swings, and she was quite upset by it.

Kate is really talking up a storm now. She'll say words seemingly out of nowhere. They are words I have said in the past, but not right before she says them. It can be startling. Like when she warned herself to be careful. I hadn't said for at least a couple days! :) Or how she said "chicken" yesterday when she saw a picture of it, but I know I haven't said that in a while! Anyway, she can now count all the way to ten! As in 1-10! Amazing--but I think pretty typical for an almost two year old. But still--amazing! :)

She has been less excited to give hugs on demand and more interested in doing whatever she wants. 'Sigh.' She goes potty at least once a day, just before bath time. She LOVES Cinderella and I hear "Wewwa, wewwa!" at least ten times a day. She thinks the mice are hilarious. I showed her a picture of Andrew and me on our wedding day, pointed to the dress and said, "Cinderella." So, now she thoroughly believes Mommy is Cinderella and Daddy is the Prince. Heh, heh. That might be one of those awkward realization moments in a few years--"Wait a minute. You mean my mom isn't Cinderella?" when she's like 12 or something. I told her she looked like Cinderella in a big poofy dress she wore to church, and she would NOT let me take it off her afterwards. She still won't let me touch her hair, though, so it's always hanging in her eyes.

I had to take her out of church on Sunday (for the first time in like 6 months!), not because she was fussing or anything, but because she was reading her book VERY loudly. I could tell it was disrupting people, so I opted out.

Oh yes, and lately she loves to tell Mommy to "Shhh!" as she puts her finger to her lips. She usually does it when I'm singing to her--oh well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wait...you're not cinderella? shut...up!
:)

Jenn said...

SHOCKING--I know!!

mistyp said...

I haven't checked your blog in a while. Life has been busy! Kate is growing so fast! She's a cutie! That's funny about the swearing problem! :) P.S. I think you look like a Cinderella! :)