Friday, August 27, 2010

The GOAL


Okay. It's time to get serious. One month from today, September 27th, I have an appointment with a photographer (who was advertising a good deal on craigslist) for family pictures. We have NEVER had a professional family picture taken (in seven years...), and if we follow this pattern ... it will be a LONG time before we take another one. The reason I made the appointment -- besides wanting a family picture -- is that I wanted motivation to exercise and lose weight. Because there is nothing worse than seeing a picture of yourself and having the ugly truth staring back at you. I knew if I said to myself, "Self, work out and get in shape so you can take family pictures this fall" that it wouldn't get done. That's why there is an appointment -- a deadline -- looming.

So...this is my goal. One month from today I will weigh 16 pounds less than I do now. A 16 pound loss will put me just BARELY in the normal weight range (instead of overweight). The work will not be over, but I will be closer to my ultimate goal weight. 16 pounds is a pretty lofty goal for me, but I've been watching the show "Losing it with Jillian" (which I really like) online and the people on that show lose a lot of weight in just six weeks -- doing it on their own from home. I will keep you updated, of course.

Tonight I did my first P90X exercise (chest and back) and my arms are barely able to hold themselves up enough to even type this. Andrew and I are taking turns watching the kids every other night, so the other can work out. It's gonna be rough, but I really want this. So here we go!!

3 comments:

Megan and John said...

i'm usually the one that tries to thwart people's weight loss goals, not wanting to be the only one left behind in the world of the fat. but i like you. you inspire me. and i know that you'll do it. rock it, lady!

do you think that andrew would watch my kids while i work out?? :)

Jenn said...

Ahh, thanks for that, Megan. You always make me LOL. :) Is your boot off yet?? You could do the same thing, and we could rock it together!!

Anonymous said...

I'm totally in favor of you and Megan rocking it together! Too bad we don't still have that big ole bathroom for you to rock it in. I, too, know YOU CAN DO IT! A concrete goal is a good thing...I need to get me some of those one of these days.