Friday, May 11, 2012

Week 11 weigh-in -- a milestone!

Christian LOVES my smoothies -- this one he snatched and wouldn't let go. He drank quite a bit before I was able to get it back from him. :) Can't blame him -- it's delicious! I usually give him a little in his own cup. He's going to be my little Popeye!

A sampling from this week's dinners...Tasty barbecue pizza...nom nom...whole wheat pizza dough with barbecue sauce, corn, black beans, and tomatoes, topped with mozzarella cheese. GOOD.


Well, this week got a little bit crazy. Both kids had some funky illness -- high fever and vomiting. Oh the vomiting. They're both better now, thank goodness. Kate was really dehydrated, though, and just looked awful. I took her to the doctor because it was so scary. They ended up giving her a suppository to stop her from vomiting any more. They ran a bunch of tests but couldn't figure out what was making her sick. Anyway, it did the trick -- and she is feeling and looking much better.

I spent all day yesterday sanitizing -- EVERYTHING.

So I didn't work out 2 days this week because of the poor kids. But I still ate all the good, healthy stuff. And I lost 2.6 lbs!! Woohoo!! I am very happy with that.

This week's weight loss is kind of a milestone because I am officially in the "normal weight" BMI category. Yes!! I remember last time when I was losing weight and I got to this point. I stopped losing weight shortly after that. And ... now that I know our scale was off by 7 pounds, I realize I never actually got to this point. So I'm in uncharted territory here! Love it! I feel like I'm just getting going!

By the way, I just wanted to say thanks for all the comments and encouragement. I really appreciate it! I don't always comment back because I'm not sure if you ever get the follow up comments. But thank you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woot woot! Sorry to hear about the kids' illness -- that sounds really terrible! You are totally working this healthy life thing!