Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My Little Ragamuffin

So I was at Lowe's tonight at 10pm to get paint for our kitchen walls and I noticed people kept looking at Kate. I figured it must be because she's so cute, but on closer inspection, I realized she looked kind of like a little ragamuffin (I would have taken a picture, but I can't find the dang camera). For starters, she had green paint on her toes (she kicked the cupboard just after I painted), she had some remnants of dinner still on her cheeks (that hadn't come off with the first cleaning), her knees were all red and dirty from crawling around all day, her hair was all disheveled, and to top it all off she had poo stains on her onesie from an earlier blow-out (that I thankfully wasn't present for, but as a result had not noticed). I had her sitting in the cart without a carrier and she was flailing her legs about and "talking" loudly. She looked a tad wild. I should have brought some wires from home for her to munch on to complete the picture for the spectators.

I just got home and am going to give her a bath! I don't want her getting a reputation (or me either for that matter). :)

PS (11:30pm now) I went to go see the progress in the kitchen after putting Kate to bed and when I went in to chat with Andrew, he exclaimed, "The two middle buttons on your shirt are undone!" I look down and scream, "How long has it been like that?!" Reply: "I don't know!"

The perfect finish to the story, I thought-if I'd been walking around like that at Lowe's!

2 comments:

mistyp said...

Oh, Dear! That painted a great mental picture. Sounds like you are all hard at work there in your house. I'm to the point now that I don't care what people think of my messy kids. I try my best...but if they resist I let them go as they look. :)

Emily John said...

Well at least you didn't have a little kid point it out! I had a rather messy looking Jessi and some kid in the store goes to his Mom look at her she's really dirty! Oh brother! But maybe it wasn't Kate they were looking at, maybe they thought you were giving them a show! ;)