Friday, July 6, 2007

Stop the Insanity? Mmm...Maybe Later.


Andrew and I scraped the popcorn off our kitchen ceiling from 11pm to 3am this morning. These pictures were taken after I had already swept up most of the popcorn dust. Ugh--I hate feeling coated in dust. After we were done, I went outside to dust off--I was patting and swatting so hard that my wedding ring went flying into the night. I heard it 'tink tink' somewhere, but had no idea where. I was down on my hands and knees covered from head to toe in dust searching for it. I'm sure I looked like a monster deformed bunny or something. Luckily, I was able to find it, though. After picking out the popcorn from my hair in the shower, I got out and got some out of my eyes! I had even worn goggles--oh well. Anyway, we at least got it all scraped. Now we have to try to get it painted before my family comes to visit us next week! No problem... [Insert nervous laughter HERE.]

5 comments:

Emily John said...

Wow, you guys are really remodeling aren't you. Jeez, when do you sleep? Does Kate sleep thru all that? I wish my kids were deep sleepers. I'm sure you'll get it done in time but you'll probably be passed out cold the whole time your fam is there!

mistyp said...

If we ever move back to Utah maybe we could hire your help. :) You two sound like quite the team! I wish we were good at fixing things up! :) Your work always looks great in the end, too! Glad you found your ring! That would have been bad if you couldn't find it!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I just did a teeny tiny entry hall once and it was such a pain. You're ambitious! I can't wait to see the after pics.

Zack, Shannon and Oliver said...

Wow Jenn, I am amazed at all the work you two have done. And with a baby no less!! I barely have the eneregy to clean up the kitchen after dinner let alone remodel it!! I never knew you were such a handy woman!

crystal said...

That looks insane. Scraping popcorn is hard!Can't wait to see it done. Good luck!